St. Ann Catholic Church - Confirmation Sponsors 2018
Tips for Sponsors (Part 2)
Sponsors: If you are new to receiving these emails or missed any from the past, please see the previous messages at
Tips for Sponsors Part 2: #11-20
11. Create a prayer board for your candidate's bedroom where he or she can put up the names of people who are in need of prayer.
12. Send a special card to your candidate on the anniversary of his or her baptism.
13. Reach out to your candidate with a "good luck on your exam" telephone call or congratulatory note about a job well done. Try doing "random acts of kindness" for your candidate
14. Support mom and dad with a listening, empathetic ear.
15. Learn friend's names and inquire about them. Invite them to join you on an occasion or two. Host a popcorn/movie night and watch a religiously appropriate movie.
16. Prepare a special dinner before Confirmation for your candidate and his or her friends. Find ways to include peers in making the Confirmation celebration more meaningful. For example, have a group of friends make a scrapbook for your candidate.
17. Take your candidate to the special experiences in the Church such as Stations of the Cross or the Taize prayer during Lent.
18. Share how your faith experiences of Church have made a difference in your life - including the doubts and struggles you may experience.
19. Pray for your candidate and let him or her know it.
20. Ask your candidate to pray for you.
Sent by Katie Dyer on Wednesday, February 28 at 2:00PM