St. John the Evangelist Church, Carmichael CA
Regional respect life leadership meetings
- The first of these six annual meetings of local parish respect life leadership begins this Wednesday evening, March 7, from 6:30 – 8:30 here at the Diocesan Pastoral Center. Please see the
for more information about other dates and locations. No cost, great company, and refreshments!
Whole Person Care workshops
- Are you interested in learning more about end-of-life ethic and pastoral care for the sick and dying? Discussion topics include church teaching on end-of-life ethics, accessing quality palliative care, hospice care and advance health care directives, and pastoral care at the end of life. Space is limited so RSVP today for this workshop by contacting Carolina Estrada at 916-733-0253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Conscience Protection Act of 2017
- You may have read about this proposed legislation already, but it is moving ahead and is likely to be acted upon as early as next week. So please take a look at the attached USCCB Conscience Protection Act resources. If nothing else, please go to the link
to send an email to your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative. It will literally take only a few seconds to do.
Social Ministry Specialization
- The Department for Evangelization & Catechesis is offering a five week
Social Ministry Specialization Series
at St. Anthony Parish, Sacramento starting Saturday April 7, 2018. The five week course will give a foundational understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and provide practical tips to be effective parish social ministers.
40 Days for Life
- From February 14 to March 25, our community will take part in
40 Days for Life
… a groundbreaking, coordinated international mobilization. We pray that, with God’s help, this will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in our city — and beyond.
Sent by Maria Liranzo on Wednesday, March 7 at 7:00AM